Deadline: Apply by
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Interior Region
Interior Health is looking for a passionate patient partner interested in joining our Ethics Council where we discuss and promote using an ethical framework in everything we do as an organization.
We currently have one patient partner as a member of the Ethics Council and a second member is now being requested. The member will join our regular meetings, and actively provide feedback to decisions regarding the Interior Health ethics framework; examining who we ought to be as an organization, and what guides our decision-making processes/practices.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
• Open to patient partners from: Interior Health region
• Experience working with committees or councils
• Comfortable providing feedback in a group environment with health care leaders
• An interest in ethics or ethical dilemmas is an asset but not a requirement
• Comfortable with using Microsoft Teams to attend virtual meetings
• Please note:
– This opportunity is not open to staff members or patient partners who are currently employed by this health authority.
– As connection and relationship building is important, we may like to meet with short listed patient partners as part of our selection process in an informal interview between the patient partner and the health care partner.
– Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Patient Partner Commitments form. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Charmaine Niebergall directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
– As required by the October 14, 2021 Public Health Order released by the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination is required to access any in-person meetings at a health care site. Proof of vaccination can be provided by way of a Vaccination Passport or Vaccination card, along with government issued photo ID. For patient partnership activities that are virtual only (via Zoom, video conference, phone, etc.), proof of vaccination is not required.
• Number of vacancies: 1 (there is currently 1 patient partner already a member of the Ethics Council)
• Date/Time: 9:30am-11:00am, bi-monthly
• Location: Virtual participation using Microsoft Teams
• Commitment: 1 year with the opportunity for an extension
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Charmaine Niebergall email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
For more information related to the formation of the Ethics Council and membership please refer to the Terms of Reference.