Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners in Fort St. John
If you enjoy working collaboratively and can offer your enthusiasm, creativity, patience and time, please consider this engagement opportunity to improve inpatient flow at Fort St. John Hospital.
Open to: Patient partners in Fort St. John
Lead Organization or DepartmentNorthern Health Authority, Fort St. John Hospital
AimLeaders from Northern Health and the Medical Staff Association (MSA) are working together on strategies to improve inpatient flow at the Fort St. John Hospital. This will result in admitted patients spending less time in the Emergency Department whilst they await a bed elsewhere in the hospital. As a member of the planning committee you will bring the patient perspective into these discussions and will work on an implementation plan for how this can be achieved.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
EligibilityOpen to patient partners from Fort St. John who:
- Are comfortable working in small groups
- Are comfortable sharing stories on how to enhance the patient experience
- Have committee experience
- Have experience as an inpatient or family member/caregiver to an inpatient at Fort St. John Hospital
- Vacancies: 2
- Date and time: The meetings will generally be Monday to Friday with a two-hour duration, but there may be some weekend work. The meeting times will vary but may be as late as 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Meeting schedule to be determined by the committee.
- Location: Fort St. John Hospital
- In person attendance
- Commitment: 12-month commitment required
ReimbursementPre-approved travel expenses by Northern Health will be reimbursed as per Northern Health Authority reimbursement policy.
BackgroundThere are times admitted patients remain in the Emergency Department for several hours before being transferred to an inpatient bed. We believe that some focused inpatient flow work will decrease the length of time admitted patients remain in the Emergency Department and the involvement of those with lived experience will help us make changes to ensure a patient and family centered approach to patient flow. This committee will consist of representation from: Northern Health leadership, Members of MSA and patient partners.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Interior