Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Having people live safely and independently at home after receiving care is the goal of home support. The Fraser Health Home Support Transition team is seeking two patient partners to join them in working on minimizing the impact of the transition of home support from contracted service providers to Fraser Health.
Open to: Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentHome Support, Fraser Health
AimTo minimize concerns of both people receiving home support services and impacted employees through evaluating the transition. Patient advisors share their home support experience to inform a seamless transition and quality of home support services across Fraser Health.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
EligibilityPatient partners from Fraser Health communities who:
- Have recent experience with home support services in Fraser Health
- Are great listeners, with innovative ideas
- Can understand everyone brings their own experience to the table, and can respect that diversity of voices
- Speak comfortably
- Enjoy working in groups, with a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- Are committed to attend meetings
- Vacancies: 2
- Date/time: To be determined with patient advisor
- Location: Central City, Surrey
- Commitment: In person or via telephone monthly meetings, for six months
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses, per Fraser Health Travel Policy, related to local travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed including mileage, parking and/or public transit.
BackgroundFraser Health Home Support help people live safely and independently at home by providing care and support to people:
- Recovering from an illness or surgery
- That have a chronic health condition
- Are disabled
- Who need care at the end of life
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley