Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Vancouver Island Region
Do you have experience receiving home support or do you have a family member who has received these services? Join the Home Support Advisory Committee to share your experience, knowledge and feedback.
Home Care Strategy, Island Health
Our goal is to improve continuity, accessibility, flexibility, efficiency and client/staff satisfaction with home support across Island Health. We are looking to hear from patient partners about their patient experience either as an individual having received home support or a family member with a loved one who is or has received these services. Patient partners will provide feedback, first-hand knowledge and lived experience to inform the work being completed by the project team to meet the goals of improving home support services, including scheduling, care coming into home, and more.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
• Open to patient partners from: Vancouver Island region
• Experience with home support as a client, family member or friend
• Comfortable sharing your care experiences
• Comfortable speaking in a group setting
• Familiar with using Zoom for virtual meetings
• Please note:
– This opportunity, as with all Island Health patient engagement opportunities, is not open to Island Health staff members or patient partners who are currently employed by Island Health. If you have questions regarding this, please email email@example.com
– The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
– Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Charmaine Niebergall directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date/Time: One hour, once per month (day and time to be determined)
• Location: Virtual over Zoom
• Commitment: 1 – 2 years
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Charmaine Niebergall firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
Island Health and the Ministry of Health are committed to enhancing home support services. The Home Support Advisory Committee is a team of Island Health frontline staff, schedulers, home support nurses, leadership and patient partners who will provide feedback to the project team on specific improvement initiatives. This committee will be in place for 1-2 years, and a terms of reference will be provided to all committee members. Please visit the Island Health home support services webpage to learn more.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationCharmaine Niebergall
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island