Posted • Last updated
Open to Vancouver Island Region, Patient partners from Geography 3 (Cowichan, Saanich and the Southern Gulf Island)
Geography 3 (Cowichan, Saanich, and the Southern Gulf Islands) needs a patient partner to attend and participate in our Quality Council!
Open to: Patient partners from Geography 3 (Cowichan, Saanich and the Southern Gulf Island)
Lead Organization or DepartmentIsland Health, Geography 3 Administration
AimThe Quality council discusses quality initiatives that are pertinent to Cowichan, Saanich, and Southern Gulf Islands as well as portfolio specific initiatives related to pharmacy, medical imaging, and laboratory services. We are looking for a patient partner to attend monthly meetings and bring a patient-centred perspective to the quality work underway. Patient partners will be invited to draw upon their experience of care and community knowledge to provide feedback on items discussed at these meetings. This will assist the council to better understand and consider the perspectives of patients and families, and to ensure that decisions and priorities reflect the needs and goals of patients we serve.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Open to patient partners from the Cowichan Valley, Saanich Penninsula, or Gulf Islands and has experience with health services within Island Health
- Comfort participating in meetings and sharing experiences to help the group understand the impact of decisions on patient, families, and the public
- Committee experience would be considered an asset but is not a requirement
- Please note:
- This opportunity is not open to patient partners who are currently employed by Island Health
- The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
- Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Ashley Clark directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: 1
- Date/time: Meetings are monthly on the second Wednesday of each month, from 09:00-13:00
- Location: Cowichan District Hospital or Saanich Peninsula Hospital
- Teleconference option is also available
- Commitment: One year with the possibility of renewal
ReimbursementPre-approved transportation & parking costs to attend meetings as well as coverage for meals will be reimbursed by Island Health.
BackgroundIsland Health recognizes that people are better served when planning and decisions are made with the needs of patients in mind. Health services have been organized around four broad geographic areas based on where people live, where Island Health provides care, and distances between care locations. Geography 3 is consists of two areas: Saanich Peninsula/Gulf Islands and the Cowichan Valley. The Geography also includes 3 regional (Island-wide) portfolios: Medical Imaging, Laboratory, and Pharmacy Services. The Quality Council monitors service delivery, identifies improvement priorities, and sets standards to ensure quality of care across the area and regional services. The Council is co-chaired by the Executive Director and the Executive Medical Director and membership includes Directors as well as representation from some internal areas within Island Health.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island