Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in Abbotsford and Mission communities
Patient Care Coordinators (PCCs) play an important role in leading and supporting health care teams, patients and families. To ensure PCCs are prepared for this vital point of care leadership position, Fraser Health offers a two-day orientation workshop. Bring in your voice to help them design the type of workshop that gets people excited to further support patients and families!
Open to: Patient partners in Abbotsford and Mission communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentFraser Health, Professional Practice
- To integrate the patients’ voice into the design, development, implementation and evaluation of the two-day workshop
- Patient partners will be an equal partner at the table, sharing their experience and ideas to improve the quality of patient- and family-centred care
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the research partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
EligibilityFraser Health patients with the following (but not limited to) experience with care:
- in hospitals
- transitions from hospital to community
- dealing with quality and/or care concerns
- Vacancies: 1-2
- Commitment: A total of three meetings over the next six months; one near the end of November (1.5 hours); one in January (45 minutes); and one follow-up/evaluation meeting in June (45 minutes), both in person and via teleconference. To be confirmed once patient partners are confirmed.
- Location: Central City, Surrey
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health Travel policy (including mileage, parking, tolls and/or public transit).
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley