Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners from Burnaby
Fraser Health is looking for energetic, community-minded patients and families who can contribute their voice to the improvement of hospital and community health services across the region. They are seeking multiple patient partners (see current communities being recruited below) to be a part of co-designing their Patient and Family Advisory Councils (PFACs) so that what matters to patients, families and caregivers is at the forefront of care happening in Fraser Health. If you have already RSVP’d for this opportunity, please don’t re-apply. Consideration of your RSVP would be in progress.
• To co-design an on-going opportunity for patients, families and caregivers to lend their experience to improving the quality of health care services in various hospitals and community health care services across Fraser Health
• Patient partners will work alongside the health care team to develop a PFAC that is responsive to the needs of the community and creates an on-going opportunity for input
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
• This invitation is being extended to patient partners in Fraser Health who live in Burnaby and:
• Are someone who can speak to a lived experience
• Are excited to share their story in front of healthcare providers and leaders
• Are willing to contribute their knowledge to a system-wide strategy
Please see this link that outlines the process for participation.
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and patient partner commitments, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact the engagement leader directly.
• Number of vacancies: 10
• Time Commitment: Once a month, 2-3 hours, with ad hoc reading and emails between meetings
• Date/time: To be shared with successful candidates
• Location: Various, depending on the community of interest
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Jami Brown- email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
There is a growing demand for patient, family and caregiver involvement in the design, evaluation and delivery of care at the local level. There is a desire at local Fraser Health teams to develop meaningful partnerships with patients, families and caregivers on key committees and important service planning initiatives. Patient and Family Advisory Councils (PFAC) are regular meetings that promote the development of meaningful partnerships between patient, family and caregivers and health care teams. Opportunities include advancing a patient and family centered approach to health and improving the patient experience. Also, important issues facing employees, patients and families in hospital and/or communities are examined. Health care teams can bring issues and items to the council to ensure a patient, family and caregiver perspective is considered (the level of engagement will vary, depending on the goal and purpose of each issue/item).
Engagement Leader Contact InformationJami Brown | BA, MAPC (she/her/hers)
BC Patient Safety & Quality Council