Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners from Prince George and surrounding area
If you are someone who is wants to ensure exceptional care and organizational excellence in Northern Health is recognized by staff, leadership and the public, this opportunity may be of interest to you – read on!
RSVP Deadline: Wednesday, March 15th 2017
Open to: Patient partners from Prince George and surrounding area
Lead Organization or DepartmentNorthern Health Board and Executive
AimThe Dr. Charles Jago Awards acknowledge and celebrate employees and teams who have made outstanding contributions to Northern Health’s (NH) organizational goals, reflecting their values in the process. As part of NH’s commitment to Person and Family-Centered Care in all they do, it is important that patient partners be involved in recognizing outstanding contributions. Patient partners will evaluate submissions and make decisions collaboratively with the rest of the panel to decide which individuals and teams should be recognized.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate (at a local community or program level) on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will look to you for advice in decision making, developing alternatives, and solutions and include your recommendations into the decision as much as possible.
- Open to patient partners living in the Prince George area who are able to participate in an in-person selection panel meeting.
- Patient Partners should be comfortable working as part of an adjudication panel with a diverse range of health care stakeholders (including executives and health authority staff).
- Patients should have previously attended a PVN orientation session. If you have not attended an orientation but are interested please contact Anthony Gagne directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Two vacancies
- Panel will meet on Thursday, March 23rd 2017 from 9:00am – 12:00pm.
- Meeting Venue: Nechako Room, HSBC Building 8th Floor (299 Victoria St. Prince George, BC)
- This is a one-time event.
ReimbursementThere are no anticipated expenses for this opportunity. However, expenses related to travel (such as parking or transit fees) will be reimbursed by Northern Health if required.
BackgroundNorthern Health deeply appreciates the contributions of all employees and physicians in the delivery of care to residents of northern BC. As part of our refreshed recognition program, Northern Health has launched our new organizational awards: the Dr. Charles Jago Awards. These awards are named after our own Board Chair, Dr. Charles Jago, who has truly lived the values of the North and of Northern Health. The Dr. Charles Jago awards will recognize individuals and teams who have made outstanding contributions to the achievement of organizational goals, reflecting NH’s values (empathy, respect, collaboration, and innovation) in the process. The panel will include Northern Health staff and executive members
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Interior