Posted • Last updated
Open to Vancouver Island Region, Patient partners in the Island Health region
Island Health is expanding access to primary care by developing exciting, innovative, team-based care sites. Will you be accessing these sites? Join us to ensure we are developing the appropriate services for the community!
Open to: Patient partners in the Island Health region
Lead Organization or DepartmentIsland Health, Primary and Community Care
AimOur goal is to provide patients in Victoria with improved access to primary care. As we create new solutions, we would like to have patients’ voice and suggestions at the table, as it's important for us to have the voice of the service user alongside the service provider. The patient partner will be a collaborating member of the development and implementation team.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Open to patient partners in the Greater Victoria area
- Experience (personal or family) with the primary care system
- Comfort working with senior executives/physician leadership at the table
- Please note:
- This opportunity is not open to patient partners who are currently employed by Island Health
- The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
- Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Ashley Clark directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: 2-3
- Date/time: Weekly, 1.5-hour meetings Tuesday mornings but can be adapted to patient partner schedule if needed
- There is potential for the patient partner to participate at the sub committee level if they have a particular interest in community engagement, design, policy, mental health and substance use, or care of the elderly.
- Meetings are ongoing and would start as soon as the patient partner is onboard.
- Commitment: Seven months to one year
ReimbursementPre-approved transportation & parking costs to attend meetings will be reimbursed by Island Health.
BackgroundThe Ministry of Health has mandated Island Health work on expanding primary care access in the Greater Victoria area. We will be looking to engage as many community partners as possible. The focus is entirely on Primary and Community care with a sub focus on vulnerable populations (eg. mental health and substance use, and frail elderly).
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island