Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners in the Dawson Creek area
Are you interested in participating in the business planning stage of redeveloping Dawson Creek and District Hospital? The role of the patient partner will be to work alongside committee members so that a detailed analysis of the project can be submitted to the Ministry of Health for approval later this year. If you enjoy thinking strategically and collaboratively, and can offer your enthusiasm, creativity, patience and time, please consider this engagement opportunity!
Open to: Patient partners in the Dawson Creek area
Lead Organization or DepartmentNortheast Leadership Team, Northern Health Authority
AimThe aim of the DCDH Redevelopment Capital Project Advisory Committee is to provide advice and recommendations to Northern Health related to how this project is advancing. As a member of the committee you will review local considerations for the hospital redevelopment, bring forth the patient experience related to the design of the facility and the services to be provided (within the scope of the project), assess progress of the project, resolve strategic level issues and risks and review and approve final project deliverables.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
EligibilityOpen to volunteers from Dawson Creek who:
- Have committee experience and/or comfort working in large groups made up of a variety of organizations
- Are comfortable sharing stories on how to enhance the patient experience at the new facility
- Vacancy: 1
- Quarterly meetings, 90 minutes in duration (next meeting planned for late July/early Aug)
- In person at DCDH, 11100 13 street, Dawson Creek or via teleconference
- 12-month commitment required
ReimbursementTravel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed as per Northern Health Authority reimbursement policy.
BackgroundOn June 14, 2018, the Province approved the Concept Plan for the DCDH redevelopment project and the Ministry of Health has now given Northern Health approval to move forward with the business planning phase of this project. The DCDH Redevelopment Capital Project Advisory Committee will consist of representation from Saulteau First Nations, West Moberly First Nations, Kelly Lake Cree Nation, First Nations Health Authority, Peace River Regional Hospital District (PRRHD), Municipality of Dawson Creek, BC Patient Safety & Quality Council (BCPSQC)/Patient Voices Network and the South Peace Health Services Society. The aims of the project in more detail include to:
- Ensure project is aligned with Northeast Health Service Delivery Area and NHA organizational strategy
- Ensure project makes good use of assets
- Assist with resolving strategic level issues and risks
- Approve or reject changes to the project with a high impact on timelines and budget
- Assess project progress and report on project to senior management and higher authorities
- Provide advice and guidance on issues facing the project
- Use influence and authority to assist the project in achieving its outcomes
- Review and approve final project deliverables.
- Support development of regular communication materials to keep key stakeholders informed of progress of the project
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Interior