Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal
They are the first point of contact when you need help. Fraser Health’s call centre provides the public with quick access to people and services. They are seeking four patient partners to provide insight and ideas into a redesign that gets people the information they need, when they need it.
Professional Practice, Fraser Health
• To make it easier for the public to access the information and services they need when they need it.
• Patient partners will be part of the team, drawing upon their lived experience, to share ideas, provide insight on call centre accessibility with the goal of improving the experience for all Fraser Health residents.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
Open to volunteers from across Fraser Health communities who:
• Have experience with a Fraser Health call centre, booking service or mental health and substance use call centre.
• Are comfortable working in a group setting and sharing ideas.
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Patient Partner Commitment, are unsure if your experience is a good fit, please contact Jami Brown directly.
There will be an informal conversation about the opportunity. The goal is to find the best fit for all involved.
• Number of vacancies: 4
• Date/Time: 90 min online call – April 12. April 20, May 3, May 17 9am-4pm.
• Commitment: 90-minute phone call, with three all day workshops (9am-4pm).
• Location: Online call using MS Teams. In person sessions – Surrey City Hall.
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Jami Brown- firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation. There will be a stipend offered for this opportunity. More details will be provided by Fraser Health.
Virtual Health is a patient-centred care model focused on connecting patients, families, and providers using technology to optimize wellness, specialty care, and outcomes. Virtual Health allows you to see, hear and talk to members of your health care team from your home.
The vision for this initiative is that “every door is the right door,” regardless of how the public, patients and families contact Fraser Health.