Posted • Last updated
Open to Vancouver Island Region, Patient partners in the Island Health region
Island Health’s Primary and Community Care program is inviting two patient partners to help achieve systems transformation through collaborating with all parts of the health system!
Open to: Patient partners in the Island Health region
Lead Organization or DepartmentIsland Health, Primary & Community Care
AimPrimary and Community Care (PCC) is the system’s transformation to a sustainable, patient-centred care model that has a foundation in primary care and community health services. The desire is to find means to “wrap around” patients so that people experience seamless care, and that problems don’t arise at transition and referral points in care provision - especially when people are accessing care from multiple parts of the organization. This involves bringing in patients’ voices in different ways, and working with patient volunteers, as well as all agencies involved in health services. Together, we are finding new ways to provide patients with the best quality of health care services, at the right time and the right place, and to support patients in managing their own care.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- Open to patient partners in the Vancouver Island region
- Experience on working groups and committees
- Some understanding of how the health system works
- Please note:
- This opportunity is not open to patient partners who are currently employed by Island Health
- The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
- Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Ashley Clark directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: 2
- Date/time: The Steering Committee meets bi-weekly for 90 minutes, typically Wednesdays from 2:00 - 3:30
- Location: Participation in meetings can be either in person (in Victoria) or via teleconference
- Commitment: 1 year with the possibility of renewal
ReimbursementPre-approved transportation & parking costs to attend meetings will be reimbursed by Island Health.
BackgroundThe Steering Committee brings together leaders with responsibilities for programs and services related to improving our community and primary care system. These programs and services include home and community care, primary care, mental health and substance use, professional practice, human resources and medical affairs. The Steering Committee is a key group in providing leadership and means to advance the implementation of primary and community care in Island Health. The committee is made up of 16 leaders from multiple Island Health program areas involved in primary and community care; such as, mental Health & substance use, human resources, medical affairs and seniors care.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island