Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners in Prince George
Are you interested in the collaborative development of high quality primary care homes within the Prince George Primary Care Network? This committee values innovation, respect, diversity, learning and quality improvement, and has a focus on person- and family-centred care. We welcome a patient partner to become a member of the committee, so if you enjoy thinking strategically and collaboratively, and can offer your enthusiasm, creativity, patience and time, please consider this engagement opportunity.
Open to: Patient partners in Prince George
Lead Organization or DepartmentPrince George Division of Family Practice
AimThe Committee Supporting Primary Care Homes aims to co-design the implementation of high quality primary care homes in Prince George, as well as maximize access and attachment and provide support and leadership to the transitions of care. The patient voice is important as we re-design the way we work in Prince George.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
EligibilityOpen to patient partners in Prince George who have:
- Committee experience and/or comfort speaking in groups
- Comfort around physicians and senior leaders
- Experience working at strategic planning or systems level is an asset
- We are seeking people who represent diverse perspectives, which may include but are not limited to geography/neighborhood, culture, ethnic or national origin, marital status, age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, income variety, education, work experience, genetic characteristics, family status, disability, and/or experiences with health challenges or health care. The composition of the Supporting Primary Care Homes Committee is guided by the desire to learn and to share perspectives and experiences from across a diverse population and broad demographic balance.
- 1 vacancy
- Wednesdays, 3:15-5:15 pm August 7 and 21, September 4 and 18, October 2 and 16, November 6 and 20, December 4 and 18
- Format: in person
- Location to be determined
- Seven months to a year commitment required
ReimbursementPre-approved mileage and parking will be reimbursed based on Prince George Division of Family Practice policy.
BackgroundThis committee has been in existence for a number of years and includes representation of Family Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Practice Support Coaches and Health Authority leadership among others. It has recently become clear that there is a need to add the patient voice to this work. The focus of this committee is on quality improvement in all aspects of the Primary Care Home, which includes both Family Physician / Nurse practitioner offices and the teams of other health professionals who support the delivery of primary care. See more information about Primary Care networks.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Interior