Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners in Northern Region
Interested in providing a patient advisory voice to help plan supports for seniors across the North? We are looking for a visionary, strategic thinking patient!
Open to: Patient partners in Northern Region
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterdivisional Steering Committee - Pacific Northwest Division of Family Practice
AimThe focus of the Care in the Community Advisory Committee is to help to plan for the future in terms of seniors care. The patient partner will be a committee member among representatives from the Divisions of Family Practice, Northern Health, and First Nations Health authority. The role of the patient partner will be to share their perspective during committee discussions and suggested plans.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the research partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Experience working in large groups
- Comfortable telling your story
- Some familiarity with data analysis is an asset
- Strategic thinker
- If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit please contact Cathy Almost
- Open to Volunteers from the Northern Region (looking for one Northwest area and one Northeast)
- Vacancies: 2
- Twice a month Monday mornings from 7:30-8:30am via Teleconference
- Commitment: one week to six months
ReimbursementNo anticipated expenses as meeting are via teleconference.
- Why has this opportunity come about? To improve supports for seniors
- Who else will be involved? Divisions of Family Practice, First Nations Health, Northern Health Leaders , Patients, and other community partners at the determination of the committee
- A summary of the work already discussed on the committee will be provided once individuals come on board
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern BC