Deadline: Apply by
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Provincial Region
Are you interested in working with Cardiac Services BC on informing provincial initiatives that will improve care for cardiac patients in BC? If yes, consider joining one of our population group steering committees to help us bring the patient voice to this important work.
Cardiac Services BC
Our provincial population steering committees are tasked with drafting the continuum of care for each area of focus (Coronary Artery Disease, Heart Failure, Heart Rhythm and Structural Heart Disease), identifying gaps along that continuum as well as identifying upcoming innovations and best practices. By serving as a member of an expert group of informants you will help to set provincial priorities and develop initiatives focused on significant system improvement in these specific areas of cardiac care. Patient partners will share what matters most to them to help focus these priorities.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
Open to patient partners across the province who:
• Have lived experience either directly or as a family member/caregiver with care related to the continuum of heart disease such as: inherited conditions, coronary artery disease, experience of a cardiac event and/or receipt of a specialized cardiac procedure, heart arrhythmia, heart transplant and cardiac rehab
• Are comfortable sharing your health care experience with a group of providers
• Are comfortable using Zoom to attend virtual meetings
As connection and relationship building is important to Cardiac Services BC please note that informal meet and greets will form part of the selection process for short listed patient partners.
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Patient Partner Commitments, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact Cassy Mitchell.
• Number of vacancies: 4 (1 patient partner per steering committee)
• Date and Time: Quarterly meetings for a duration of 1-2 hours and the time needed to review and provide feedback on documents via email. Exact meeting dates/times to be determined based on availability of steering committee members
• Location: Virtual participation via Zoom
• Commitment: 12 months with the possibility of renewal (4 meetings a year)
No out of pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Cassy Mitchell email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
Population Group steering committees have been created to provide an expert advisory table to set forth the priorities for provincially focused work that evolves and improves care for cardiac patients in four distinct areas of focus.
For more information on the work of the committee and its members, please refer to the Terms of Reference.