Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the Boundary region (Christina Lake to Rock Creek)
Join an ongoing working group which is helping to transform primary care from a concept to a reality.
Open to: Patient partners in the Boundary region (Christina Lake to Rock Creek)
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health, Primary and Community Care Transformation
AimThe goal of the working group is to align the collaborative efforts of Interior Health with the physicians as laid out in the "Rural Proof of Concept Model Description: Grand Forks/Kettle Valley GSA Primary Care Home" document (to be shared with confirmed patient partners). We would like patients engaged so that we can learn from their lived experience and have that experience inform the future direction of how we bring the model to life. The patient partners will be full members of the working group, attending monthly meetings at the Boundary District Hospital for 1 hour. There may be reading or other work that would happen outside of this time.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the research partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Comfortable articulating their thoughts within the group
- Interest in primary care (physician clinics, home health, mental health, non-Interior Health community services), not necessarily as a patient, but can not be an Interior Health employee
- Able to attend meetings in person at Boundary District Hospital
- Lives within the Christina Lake to Rock Creek corridor.
- Vacancies: 2-3
- In-person meetings at Boundary District Hospital. The next first engagement meeting is scheduled for Dec 14, 9:30am-10:30. The patient partners will receive agendas and minutes while they are part of the working group.
- Commitment is approximately one year.
ReimbursementMileage to travel to meetings will be covered.
BackgroundThe group consists of Interior Health (IH) staff, physicians and Division of Family Practice staff. There is a potential risk that the patients may feel overwhelmed with the conversations. The IH Transformation Lead will be available to support the patient partners before and after meetings in case there's any knowledge gap. A draft of The Terms of Reference will be reviewed at the first meeting so that the group may edit it. The care setting is primary care which includes community.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Thompson Cariboo Kootenay