Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
Each day, health care providers rely on policies to provide safe, equitable, quality health care. In order to ensure that those poilicies are consistent with what matters to patients and families, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services are seeking two patient partners to assist in making these policies stronger.
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) Policy Office, a branch of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
AimTo ensure policies align with person- and family-centred care principles across BCMHSUS. Patient partners will ask questions and provide feedback to the policy office team to ensure that what matters to patient and families is reflected in the policies and guidelines developed and enhanced.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Have a strong desire to ensure the experiences of patients and families are a key priority within BCMHSU
- Preference will be given to those with experience as a client or family with the mental health or substance use care in BC
- Prepared to review and analyze documents, and provide recommendations in a rigorous and comprehensive manner
- Comfortable with receiving requests for participation with short notice (1-3 weeks)
- Must have email access
- Vacancies: 2
- Location: Teleconference and email
- Date/time: As soon as possible
- Commitment: To be determined, in consultation with patient partners, approximately, 1-6 documents per month to review
ReimbursementTo be discussed with interested patient partners.
BackgroundBCMHSUS is on a journey to engage with patients and families. Our policies and guidelines need to reflect person- and family-centred care as a priority and are an important part of that journey.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley