Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
BC Centre for Disease Control is updating its three-year directional plan. Two patient partners with an understanding of public and population health and strategy are invited to join the working group in developing a plan that will help ensure we are proactively preventing disease and keeping our province healthy.
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentPHSA- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Aim: Develop a robust three-year directional plan for BCCDC.
- Purpose of engagement: Authentic client view of the plan for keeping BC healthy and preventing disease.
- Role: Review draft plan and provide perspective and feedback, participate in stakeholder advisory working group (three-month engagement, maximum nine hours total over the course of three months).
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement . The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Experience in or understanding of public and population health
- Comfortable in committee and working group settings
- Systems level, strategic thinker
- Vacancies: 2
- Location: Based in Vancouver, but telecommunication options available
- Date: June to September
- Frequency: One hour every two weeks maximum, and review documentation at the client's own time.
- Time: flexible
- First meeting date: June 1
ReimbursementAny travel expenses will be covered, but travel is likely not necessary in this engagement. Telecommunication and email will be productive.
BackgroundBCCDC has an expanded mandate to prevent and control chronic and communicable disease for the province. The directional plan is developed in consultation with public health stakeholders across the province from ministry and health authority executives, staff and physicians.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Provincial