Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in the Fraser Health area
Having a healthy start to life increases the chance for infants to thrive and mothers to be supported through their care experience. The Fraser Health Baby Friendly Practice Council is seeking two patient partners to share their new parent experience as they work to enhance the support given to families across Fraser Health for a healthy start.
Open to: Patient partners in the Fraser Health area
Lead Organization or DepartmentMaternal, Infant, Child & Youth Program, Fraser Health
AimThe committee is active in improving maternal and infant health outcomes through working together across Fraser Health hospitals and public health, helping care teams use best practices for a healthy start. Patient advisors will be an equal partner at the table, providing their lived experience into resource development, health care service enhancements and public education.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
EligibilityPatient partners from Fraser Health Communities who:
- Have recent (within two years) experience having a baby within Fraser Health, at one of Fraser Health's eight maternity services hospitals
- Are positive and solution-focused
- Are comfortable working in a team environment
- Vacancies: 2
- Date/time: 9am-12pm, May 16 and Sept 5. Other dates TBD
- Location: Guildford Public Health Unit (with subsequent meetings to be held in Langley)
- Commitment: In person meetings, four times a year, two-year term (with a one-year check in)
ReimbursementTo be determined.
BackgroundThe Baby Friendly Practice Council has regional members including nurses, managers, clinical nurse educators, patient care coordinators, dieticians, and other health representatives. A terms of reference is attached.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley