Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal
Having a healthy start to life increases the chance for infants to thrive and mothers to be supported through their care experience. The Fraser Health Baby Friendly Practice Council are seeking 2 patient partners to share their new parent experience as they work to enhance the support given to families across Fraser Health for a healthy start.
Maternal, Infant, Child & Youth Program, Fraser Health
• The committee is active in improving maternal and infant health outcomes through working together across Fraser Health hospitals and public health, helping care teams use best practices for a healthy start.
• Patient advisors will be an equal partner at the table, providing their lived experience into resource development, health care service enhancements and public education.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
Patient Advisors from Fraser Health Communities who:
• Has recent (within two years) experience having a baby within Fraser Health, at one of Fraser Health’s eight maternity services hospitals
• Are positive and solution-focused
• Are comfortable working in a team environment
• Are confident and able to share your thoughts and lived experience in a clear, concise way
*An asset if you have used public health services prenatally, postpartum, or both.
**Please note: A remote Meet and Greet with the team will be conducted to decide who to invite onto the committee
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date/Time: Jan. 26 from 9:30 -12:30, March 3 from 9:30 -12:30, May 20 from 9:30 -12:30, September 14 from 9:30 -12:30, Nov 24 from 9:30 -12:30
• Location: Currently, all meetings will be held virtually
• Commitment: 5 times a year, two-year term (with a one-year check in)
None expected at this time.
The Baby Friendly Practice Council has regional members including nurses, managers, clinical nurse educators, patient care coordinators, dieticians, and other health representatives.
Health Care Partner Contact InformationJami Brown | BA, MAPC (she/her/hers)
BC Patient Safety & Quality Council