Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
The right to have a supported death in hospital is an important topic in today’s health care system. Many patients and families are faced with this difficult situation and seek to receive counsel and support from health care providers during this time. It is with this in mind that the Fraser Health Palliative Care Program is reaching out to patient partners to assist them with implementing a protocol that represents patient and family input and can have a positive impact during this challenging time.
Open to: Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentFraser Health Palliative Care Program
AimTo provide patient input into training and support for health care providers through an enhanced protocol for actively dying in hospital.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- Patient partners from Fraser Health Communities who have experienced a friend or family member passing away in hospital.
- Vacancies: 2
- Date/time: To be determined, based on availability.
- Commitment: 1-2 hours, once a month; one-year term, with an opportunity to extend up to two years.
- Location: Combination of in-person and teleconference. Central City, Surrey
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health Travel policy (including mileage, parking, tolls and/or public transit).
- Why has this opportunity come about?
- Who else will be involved?
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley