Open to Northern Region, Patient partners in Prince George and the immediate area
Do you have an interest in timely access to Family Doctors (Primary Care Home) in Prince George? Do you have ideas on how we can improve access to these vital services for all patients? If so, find out how to get involved below!
Open to: Patient partners in Prince George and the immediate area
Lead Organization or DepartmentPrince George Divison of Family Practice (PG DoFP)
AimThe goal of this project is to foster collaboration between local physicians, Northern Health representatives, community leaders, and patients to identify and Implement strategies to improve access to Primary Care Physicians for all residents. By including patients in this work, PG DoFP is seeking to hear real-world challenges and successes related to accessing these vital services and co-design meaningful and achievable solutions that will improve access in Prince George.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- Open to patient partners living in Prince George and the immediate area.
- Patients should be comfortable working collaboratively with a diverse group of stakeholders, including physicians, health authority staff, and other patient partners.
- Patients should be comfortable sharing and speaking to their own healthcare experiences, and using them to develop new improvement ideas with others.
- Patients should have previously attended a PVN orientation session. If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN Orientation and volunteer agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit of feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact Anthony Gagne directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: 2
- First meeting date is Friday, April 27
- Meetings will occur on Friday afternoons for 1 hour (over lunch)., and be held at the PG DoFP office in Prince George
- Meetings will be held at the PG DoFP office in downtown Prince George
- Expect 1-2 meetings per month for approximately 6-9 months
ReimbursementExpenses related to travel (such as transit, mileage, and parking) will be reimbursed.
BackgroundAccess to timely to primary care is a problem in PG (as it is in many areas across Canada). It is a difficult problem with no easy answer. The Prince George Division of Family Practice is a local innovation in health care, and part of a province-wide initiative designed to strengthen primary health care in BC. Established in March 2009 and operating as a non-profit society, the Division is built on a foundation and tradition of innovation, development, and continuous quality improvement. The Division aims to increase primary health care capacity, and improve patient and population health outcomes by developing and implementing programs and services that will positively impact family physicians and their patients. Strategically, the Division has made a commitment to “Partner with patients and communities for improved health engage with patients and their families as partners in their health care.”
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Interior