Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Volunteers in the Kelowna area
You are invited to help a group of 20 health care professionals learn about cultural awareness as part of their 5 day training session for the Kelowna Seniors Health & Wellness Centre. This group wants to learn about your experience focusing on cultural awareness.
Open to: Volunteers in the Kelowna area
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health
AimTo increase cultural awareness of health care professionals and staff at the Kelowna Seniors Health & Wellness Centre.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will work with you to ensure that your ideas and concerns are reflected in recommendations and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Open to volunteers in the Kelowna area
- No previous experience necessary but should feel comfortable sharing with up to 20 people
- Ability to share an experience that will increase cultural awareness and the importance of patient focussed care
- The patient will be asked to share a story or experience (up to 10 minutes) - followed by discussion
- Vacancies: 1
- The session will be held on Friday December 9, 2016, in the afternoon. The specific time has not yet been set.
- The session will be held at Cottonwoods Care Centre, in Kelowna
ReimbursementMileage and parking will be reimbursed.
BackgroundThe Kelowna Seniors Health & Wellness Centre staff will receive training over a 5 day period. They would like to end the session with Cultural Awareness and include the patient voice. They are specifically looking for an Aboriginal patient or patient with another culture’s experience who can share their story within the health care system, or their need within the health care system.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region