Connection method: Virtual
Open to Provincial Region
The BC Quality Awards help the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council (BCPSQC) recognize and celebrate people and projects that have improved quality of care in BC. We would like to invite three patient partners to join our judging panel and decide the 2023 winners and runners-up!
• We are celebrating the people and projects who have improved quality of care in BC. The role of the patient partners will be to read and score nominations from a selection of categories.
• After scoring nominations, patient partners will join the full judging panel, made up of leaders in health care quality, BCPSQC Council Members, clinicians and students for a virtual meeting to decide the winners and runners up of the 2023 BC Quality Awards.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
Open to patient partners across the province who:
• Have experience of collaborating with leaders in health care quality
• Are comfortable working in a large group and are able to share their decision-making process
• Are comfortable attending meetings via Zoom
• Have an interest in and experience of using data to measure the impact or success of a project (either within or outside of health care)
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Patient Partner Commitments, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact Cassy Mitchell.
• Number of vacancies: 3
• Date and Time: Judges will have 3-4 weeks to score the nominations beginning in October 2022.
• A virtual meeting will then be scheduled for the final voting process in November 2022.
• Location: Online meetings via Zoom
• Commitment: two months
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Cassy Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
The BCPSQC’s BC Quality Awards celebrate projects within five areas of care as well as four inspiring individuals, including patients, caregivers and health care professionals.
Now in their 13th Year, the awards help us recognize and raise the profile of improvements to the quality of care in BC.
The nine winners are each awarded a $2,500 sponsorship to help support and disseminate learning from their projects.
For more information on the BC Quality Awards process and to check out past winners please visit the Council’s website: https://bcpsqc.ca/quality-awards/