Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
Help the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council celebrate inspiring people and projects that have improved BC’s health system!
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Patient Safety and Quality Council (BCPSQC)
AimParticipate on a judging panel that will decide the winners and runners-up for the categories of the 2019 Quality Awards. The volunteers will lend their voices and perspectives to the judging panel, which includes leaders in quality and safety, BCPSQC Council Members, and students.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
EligibilityThis invitation is being extended to volunteers who:
- Are comfortable sharing their opinions and participating in discussion. The BCPSQC will proactively take measures to ensure a welcoming and respectful environment to promote comfort and open discussion at all times.
- At this time, only volunteers who have attended a Patient Voices Network orientation session are eligible.
- Priority will be given to volunteers who have not previously had the opportunity to work directly with BCPSQC (e.g., at Quality Forum or previous Quality Awards).
- Open to three volunteers across the province, with preference given to those who have not worked directly on opportunities with the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council before (e.g., at Quality Forum or previous Quality Awards).
- The judging process begins in August 2018. Judges will have three to four weeks to review and score nominations. The amount of time required to do so will depend on the number of nominations (last year we received 61 nominations, and each judge was given approximately one third of the nominations to review and score).
- Judges will be couriered a binder of all nominations submitted, and can choose between submitting their scores by post or email. All materials must be returned to BCPSQC at the judging meeting.
- A half-day in-person meeting in Vancouver will be scheduled in late August or early September to finalize the voting results. The date will be determined mutually based on all judges' availability.
ReimbursementExpenses related to travel to the in-person judging meeting in Vancouver will be covered. Prior approval will be required. Entrance and travel to Quality Forum 2019 will not be covered.
BackgroundSince 2009, the BC Quality Awards have recognized individuals, health care teams and facilities that have implemented positive and sustainable initiatives to improve the quality of care in BC. Categories celebrate initiatives in each of the four areas of care as defined by the BC Health Quality Matrix, a Leader in Quality, an Everyday Champion, a Quality Culture Trailblazer, and a Leader in Advancing the Patient Voice. You can learn about this year’s program and past years’ winners on the Council's website. Award winners receive a $2,500 sponsorship to help support or disseminate learning from their projects, and will be presented plaques in a ceremony at Health Talks on February 26, 2019. Each winner will also receive a complimentary Quality Forum registration for February 27 and 28, 2019, and the winners of the four initiative-based awards will be invited to deliver presentations at the event.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Provincial