Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Volunteers across Interior Health
This is an opportunity to ensure the patient perspective is included in recommendations shared with Interior Health’s Board of Directors regarding quality of patient, client and resident care.
Open to: Volunteers across Interior Health
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health
AimThe Quality Committee (QC) assists the Board of Directors to ensure that the quality of patient, client and resident care meets an acceptable standard throughout the Interior Health Authority. The QC would like to add the patient voice in quality improvement and patient-safety initiatives, targets and the strategies to achieve them in Interior Health.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate (at a system-wide strategic leadership level) on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will look to you for advice in developing, implementing and evaluating national, provincial and regional policy and/or research to ensure the health care system is responsive to the patients’ experience as much as possible.
- Volunteers living in the Interior Region who are able to participate in-person or via tele/video conference.
- Volunteers who have an interest in learning or currently have a deeper understanding of health system strategies.
- Volunteers who are willing to receive education regarding Section 51 of the Evidence Act and how it relates to confidentiality of reports shared at the Quality Committee level.
- Volunteers who have knowledge and skills in applying patient perspectives to the broader strategic picture.
- Volunteers who are interested working as a team with health care professionals for quality care.
- Volunteers who have completed a PVN orientation. If you would like to participate and have not yet completed an orientation, please contact Jacquelyne at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange one.
- Please note: this committee is not an appropriate audience for discussion of personal health issues or agendas.
- Vacancies: 2
- Meeting location: Kirschner Plaza in the corporate office, 1815 Kirschner Road,#220, Kelowna
- Meeting frequency: every 2 months on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 12:00-2:00pm (Pacific)
- Meeting format: in-person or Tele/video conferencing will be available for those from out of town.
- This is a 1 year term with option to extend
ReimbursementPre-approved travel expenses will be reimbursed.
BackgroundThe Quality Committee will assist the Board of Directors to ensure that the quality of patient, client and resident care meets an acceptable standard throughout the Interior Health Authority by:
- Ensuring the President and Chief Executive Officer (the “CEO”) and Senior Executive Team (“SET”) establish a strategic quality plan that supports the development of a performance based quality improvement culture;
- Ensuring the Authority has in place appropriate strategic and operational plans to allow the organization to meet requirements set out by the Ministry of Health (the “Ministry”) and Accreditation Canada;
- Ensuring that organizational risk management and improvement activities are appropriate and effective;
- Ensuring that the activities of the Committee are aligned with other broad strategic goals set out by the Audit & Finance, Governance & Human Resources, and Strategic Priorities Committees; and
- Providing support, input and governance to “SET” and the Health Authority Medical Advisory Committee (“HAMAC”) as they establish and monitor medical governance, performance targets, standards of care and service, and guidelines and policies for patients, clients and residents.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Thompson Cariboo