Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Volunteers across the Interior region.
Are you interested in participating in discussions related to the strategic direction of the delivery of dementia care services in the Interior Health region?
Open to: Volunteers across the Interior region.
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health
AimInterior Health is forming a Dementia Strategy Working Group. The group will establish and coordinate Interior Health’s system-wide strategy addressing the key deliverables identified in the "Provincial Guide to Dementia Care in BC: Achievements and Next Steps" (May 2016).
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will work with you to ensure that your ideas and concerns are reflected in recommendations and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Comfortable with a teleconference/webex meeting format.
- Interested in participating in facilitated group discussions at the strategic level.
- Familiar with or interested in the Provincial Guide to Dementia Care in BC (Ministry of Health) strategy, as it relates to dementia care (see link below).
- Vacancies: 2
- The group will meet approx. 60-90 minutes monthly, date and time are not yet determined
- Initial meetings may be more frequent
- Meetings will primarily be held by teleconference/webinar
- Meetings are expected to be held for 4-6 months with possible extension
ReimbursementThere are no expenses anticipated for this opportunity. If in-person meetings are planned, travel and accommodations costs will be covered (with pre-approval)
BackgroundProvince of BC Dementia Care Information: Link Provincial Guide to Dementia Care in BC: Link
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region