Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the Nelson area
Do you have a great story to share about your experience working with a health care provider who asked what you wanted for your care and treatment? We’re looking for someone who can share their story of being included and asked versus being told what to do and the difference it made for them.
Open to: Patient partners in the Nelson area
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health (IH)
- To have the patient voice present represented and in the forefront of leaders taking the course which include their personal story.
- What is the role of the patient partner? Share their story and Q & A, stay for lunch.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will work with you to ensure that your ideas and concerns are reflected in recommendations and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Comfortable speaking to a group of IH leaders and staff—answering questions.
- Patient partners should have previously attended a PVN orientation session. If you have not attended an orientation but are interested please contact the engagement leader directly.
- Vacancy: 1
- May 31, at 11:30 am
- Location: Nelson Prestige
- One-time event
- The patient partner is invited to hare their story/experience and answer questions and join the group for lunch.
- Lunch is provided
BackgroundCourse Description: (The patient story will be one component of the course)
- The ‘Coaching for Engagement’ course will provide participants with the skills required to have successful coaching conversations.
- This course includes 2 days, 6 hours of practice and 1.5 hours of follow up.
- Goals: Understand what coaching is, understand and be able to use the 5 Core Coaching Skills, understand and be able to use the 5 Step Coaching Process, understand and integrate the 5 Guiding Principles, leave with coaching resources that include comprehensive information, take away useful tools to be coach-like, form a learning triad and practice coaching skills using the 5/5/5 model.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region