Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the Interior region
Do you have an interest in being part of the forefront of health care change with a focus on primary care development within Interior Health? As an equal partner at the table, the patient is a respected contributor to the discussions.
Open to: Patient partners in the Interior region
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health
AimThe focus of the Inter-Divisional Strategic Council (ISC) is to discuss and develop direction, building on the Ministry of Health, Primary Care initiative. As an equal partner at the table, the patient partner is a respected contributor to the discussions. The patient partner will be asked to share their thoughts based on their health experiences or role in the community. Being part of this work also presents a great learning opportunity to the patient partner as they take part in strategic discussions at a leadership level.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the research partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Applications from Interior Health West (Thompson and Central Interior Rural), Kootenay Boundary or South Okanagan will be given preference as current patient partner membership is from Kelowna and East Kootenays. However, all interested please apply.
- A comfort with strategic level discussions is an asset.
- Comfort in large groups and sharing opinions to a multitude of professionals which may also include representatives from the Ministry of Health.
- Past experience as a patient or caregiver within the health system required - specifically primary care.
- Vacancies: 2 (patient partners already engaged)
- Quarterly in person meetings in Kelowna
- Travel from outside of Kelowna would require overnight stay at the Sheraton 4 Points (by airport)
- Meetings occur on a Friday from 7 am - 2 pm.
- The next meeting will be October 24, 2019
- One-year commitment
ReimbursementExpenses incurred for travel (accommodations, flight/mileage, meals) are covered. Processes are in place to ensure the patient has minimal "out of pocket" expenses and discussion on said process will occur once interest has been expressed.
BackgroundISC has been meeting for a number of years focusing on health care formation. Physicians, Interior Health leaders, Ministry of Health and associate team members work together to develop strategic direction in collaboration. On recommendation of current patient partners, ISC members are currently examining ways to increase the involvement of the patient partner within the meeting structure. Future activities may include assisting in meeting topic development. Prior to joining the ISC meeting, the patient partner will receive a full orientation with an Interior Health representative and patient partner.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region