Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Volunteers in and around the area of Cranbrook/East Kootenay Regional Hospital
Do you have an interest in being part of team collaborating to improve the processes and quality of patient discharge from the East Kootenay Regional Hospital?
Open to: Volunteers in and around the area of Cranbrook/East Kootenay Regional Hospital
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health, East Kootenay Regional Hospital
AimWe are looking to improve processes at the time of patient discharge (from the time the discharge order is written until the patient is discharged) and ultimately the patient experience. A patient voice is essential to understanding what is most important from the patients perspective. The patient partner will be a full team member: reviewing the current processes; generating and contributing to ideas for improvements; trialing improvements; and being involved in follow-up and assessing if the improvements made a difference.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate (at a local community or program level) on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will look to you for advice in decision making, developing alternatives, and solutions and include your recommendations into the decision as much as possible.
- Experience working in large groups
- Comfort telling their story
- Some familiarity with data analysis
- Experience (ideally) with discharge from a hospital
- Previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Selena directly to see if accommodations may be possible
- Vacancies: 2
- East Kootenay Regional Hospital, Cranbrook
- February 20 - 23, 2017 8:00am-4:00pm, February 24, 2017 8;00am-12:30pm, plus a one hour telephone meeting 30, 60 and 90 days post event (optional)
- The patient partner commitment is 1 week. Optional participation in 3 follow-up meetings
ReimbursementReimbursement for parking and lunches on Monday - Thursday at the hospital café.
BackgroundInterior Health is committed to Lean Methodology as a tool to assist in quality improvements. Rapid process improvement workshops are one of the lean tools and allow us to spend dedicated time to rapidly identify improvement opportunities and trial them. We are currently focusing on improvements in patient access and flow to ensure the right patient is in the right place at the right time. The team will be made up of nurses, physicians, allied health professionals and other care providers. This work will involve time on an acute care unit and we must make all efforts to ensure patient privacy and confidentiality.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Kootenays & Boundary