Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient Partners in Prince George and surrounding area
Would you like to be part of the organizing committee for Prince George’s first ever Health Hackathon? Hacking Health and Start-up Weekend are teaming up to create a weekend filled with hard work, innovation, and inspiration, where technology meets health challenges and creative solutions take shape in a way that is fast-paced and fun!
Open to: Patient Partners in Prince George and surrounding area
Lead Organization or DepartmentHacking Health Prince George
AimThe goal of this event is to bring together patients, makers, tech types, designers, and health care providers to form teams that can tackle real-world health care system challenges and identify innovative solutions collaboratively. The aim of engaging patients in this planning committee is to ensure that this Hackathon fully embraces both the experiences and unique solutions to complex challenges that will be brought forward by patient partners. Patient partners will be asked to contribute to the development of programming and help ensure this event runs smoothly.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- Open to Patient Partners from Prince George and the surrounding area.
- Experience and/or comfort assisting in the planning of large, diverse events is an asset.
- Patients should be comfortable using social media platforms (such as Facebook and Twitter), as this is expected to be a large part of the promotion strategy.
- Able to attend bi-weekly planning meetings and available to attend and participate in the Hackathon Event.
- If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact Anthony Gagne directly.
- Vacancies: 2
- Committee meetings will be held bi-weekly on Tuesday afternoons, beginning at 4:35pm. Additional meetings may be required closer to the event date.
- Prince George Hackathon will be held on November 3-5 2017 in Prince George.
- Meetings will be held in-person.
ReimbursementPre-approved expenses relating to participation in meetings (such as transit and/or parking costs) will be covered if required. However, the expectation is that there will be no out-of-pocket costs incurred by participating.
BackgroundHacking Health is a global social movement that strives to disrupt the status quo and create an exciting and innovative environment where technology can be leveraged to build solutions to front-line health care challenges. By bringing together a diverse range of stakeholders (both from within and outside the health care system), Hacking Health members strive to identify and develop innovative solutions to real-world challenges. The Prince George chapter of Hacking Health, in association with the annual Start-up weekend, is planning to host the city’s first hackathon. A hackathon is an event where participants involved in software or hardware development collaborate on various projects in competition with other teams. Hacking Health hackathons are unique because they bring a wide variety of experts together, including healthcare professionals, developers, designers, patients, advocacy groups and others passionate about healthcare innovation. The more diverse participating teams are, the more diverse and innovative solutions will be. For more information on Hacking Health and the Hackathon movement, please see www.hackinghealth.ca
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Interior