Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in the Fraser Health region, with cardiac care experience as a patient or caregiver
Imagine being able to access the latest, greatest cardiac care information right at your fingertips, on your schedule. With technology enabling people to be connected to information when and where they need it, Fraser Health is developing a cardiac care web resource. If you or a loved one has been touched by heart disease and cardiac care, your input is needed to ensure it meets the needs of patients in Fraser Health.
Open to: Patient partners in the Fraser Health region, with cardiac care experience as a patient or caregiver
Lead Organization or DepartmentFraser Health Communications Team
AimTo include patient input on the cardiac care web resource to ensure that it is user friendly and patient/family centred.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- From a Fraser Health community
- Have been touched by heart disease, cardiac care services, or are caregivers of patients
- Vacancies: 5-7
- Date and Time: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- Location: Neil Russell Room at Royal Columbian Hospital, 330 E Columbia St, New Westminster
- Commitment: One three-hour focus group, with the possibility of documents review before and after focus group
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health Travel policy (including mileage, parking, tolls and/or public transit).
BackgroundFraser Health Communications has a mandate to create a comprehensive Cardiac web resource on Fraserhealth.ca. Their goal is to create a long term editorial plan to promote the range of cardiac care provided to the public. This new cardiac web resource will address cardiac care that is patient- and family-centred, organizing information along the patient journey. It will include information on:
- prevention of heart disease including diet and lifestyle factors
- diagnostic tests and procedures
- cardiac intervention or surgery in our facilities
- information about each hospital’s program and processes
- cardiac rehabilitation for post-operative care
- relapse prevention in the long term
- living with heart disease as a chronic condition
- resources for health care professionals in the field
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley