Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners from the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley
Do you have recent experience with a cancer journey as a patient or close family member of a patient? Are you interested in participating in a one-time consultation about cancer drug funding sustainability in Canada?
Open to: Patient partners from the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Cancer Agency on behalf of Canadian Association of Provincial Cancer Agencies http://www.capca.ca/
AimThis is a consultation about cancer drug funding sustainability in Canada. Advisors will provide a patient perspective about their experience with cancer drugs and their opinions about drug funding.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
EligibilityThis opportunity is open to patient partners who have:
- A direct link to or a recent experience with a cancer journey whether that be a patient or a family member of a patient
- Experience speaking in large groups in a focus group setting
- Ability to share experience in a diplomatic, clear and concise manner
- Experience in participating in consultations involving a variety of health professionals
- Ability to attend an afternoon session in downtown Vancouver on Monday, February 27, 2017 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm
- Vacancies: 5
- Location: Downtown Vancouver address TBD
- Format: One-time focus group consultation
- Event Date: Monday, February 27, 2017 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm
ReimbursementUnfortunately, the budget for this event does not allow for mileage, transit and parking reimbursement. Light refreshments will be provided.
BackgroundMany cancer care drugs are expensive. Provincial health authorities and cancer care agencies must decide which drugs to pay for to be used in treatment. This is a broad consultation of health care professionals and patients to discuss issues related to the long term sustainability of funding for cancer drugs in Canada.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Thompson Cariboo