Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley
Have you or a loved one received geriatric psychiatry outreach care? If so, come review their new patient satisfaction survey so they ensure they are asking the appropriate questions to measure how they are doing, and identify how they can improve.
Open to: Patient partners in the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley
Lead Organization or DepartmentProvidence Health Care - Geriatric Psychiatric Outreach Team
- The aim of this survey is to set a baseline of patient satisfaction for services offered by the Geriatric Psychiatric Outreach Team (GPOT) through obtaining patient feedback, in order to facilitate targeted improvement initiatives.
- The goal of engaging patient partners in reviewing the draft questions is to incorporate patient perspectives into our survey in order to better reach the target population.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- Preference is for patient partners who have received care from the psychiatric outreach team at Providence, or supported a loved one.
- Patients or family members with other geriatric psychiatric care experiences will also be considered.
- Vacancies: 2
- Patient partners can attend the meeting in person or by teleconference. In person meeting would likely be held at Mount St Joseph Hospital in Vancouver, but location could be flexible.
- Meeting time is also flexible based on the availability of patient partners and the UBC students. Potential for an evening or weekend meeting if preferred.
- Meeting is anticipated to be less than 1 hour.
ReimbursementExpenses related to local travel (i.e. transit, parking up to $18/day, approved mileage) to attend the session will be reimbursed by Providence Health Care. Please note that reimbursement typically takes 4-6 weeks.
BackgroundThe Geriatric Psychiatry Outreach Team (GPOT) based out of St. Paul’s Hospital and Mount Saint Joseph Ambulatory Clinics is an interdisciplinary team caring for older adults who are living with psychiatric and addiction issues. The team is made up of a geriatric psychiatrist, a psychiatric nurse clinician and geriatrician. Clients are connected to this team either through the Emergency Department, hospital admission or the community Mental Health Team. Clients are seen either in the ambulatory clinics or in the community. Click here for more information on GPOT. The team recognized that they need to gather information from patients in order to understand how they are doing, and identify areas of improvement. They have enlisted the help of UBC students to create a Patient Satisfaction Survey and administer it.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Lower Mainland & Sunshine Coast