Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners from anywhere in British Columbia
Are you interested in improving primary care in BC? The Ministry of Health and Doctors of BC are developing an initiative to measure physician quality improvement and would like to collaborate with you on the selection of quality improvement indicators.
Open to: Patient partners from anywhere in British Columbia
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Patient Safety & Quality Council
AimThe Primary Care Quality Measures Group is made up of physicians, health authorities, and patient representatives who will work together to select and recommend quality improvement indicators. Physicians will use these indicators to make decisions in their practice and provide data for provincial level program planning.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Preference will be given to patient partners who have experience as a primary care patient, however those with lived experience as a caregiver of a family member will also be considered.
- Some familiarity with any of the following: research, evaluation, performance measurement or quality improvement
- Willingness to learn
- Comfortable with public speaking
LogisticsVacancies: 1 Location: Meetings will occur monthly via WebEx or teleconference. There is a possibility that some meetings will be held in-person in Vancouver. Commitment: The committee will run for four to six months (with possibility of extension) and will begin in mid-November.
ReimbursementPatient partners will be compensated for travel expenses. Refreshments and snacks will be provided at in-person meetings.
BackgroundThe Government of BC, Doctors of BC and BC health authorities partnered in 2017 to develop a province-wide physician quality improvement program. This program will make data accessible to physicians to support improvement opportunities and provide program level data for informed decision making, ultimately benefiting patients and the health system. The role of the patient partner will include the following:
- Attend Quality Measures Groups meetings;
- Review meeting materials in advance of meeting;
- Be willing to share experiences with primary care; and
- Participate in the selection of physician quality measures.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Provincial