Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Each day across British Columbia, patients and families are touched by cancer. According to the Canadian Cancer Society, on average, 565 Canadians will be diagnosed with cancer every day. The Fraser Health Regional Cancer Care Council provides a forum for discussions, planning and decision-making related to cancer care services between BC Cancer Agency and Regional Health Authorities. They are seeking two patient partners to join them in improving care services across the region.
Open to: Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentFraser Health
AimThe patient partner will work with other committee members to provide feedback on cancer care discussions, planning and decision-making that ensure high quality care across the region.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- A strong communicator with confidence in sharing ideas/suggestions;
- Experience with cancer care services, either as a patient, caregiver or family member;
- Represent a range of backgrounds that reflects the diversity of patients that utilize Fraser Health services;
- Special preference would be given to who have received care at either the cancer centers (Abbotsford or Surrey) or community oncology Network sites (Burnaby, Ridge Meadows or Royal Columbian) or both.
- If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and volunteer agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact the engagement leader directly.
- Vacancies: 2
- Date/Time: Specific dates and time TBD as membership is developed and with member preferences and availability in mind.
- Location: In person and teleconference, Monthly meetings (90min).
- Time commitment: One year, with the opportunity to extend up to two years.
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health Travel policy (including mileage, parking, tolls and/or public transit).
BackgroundPlease contact Jami Brown directly if you would like more information.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley