Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Volunteers across the communities of Fraser Health
Fraser Health is looking for an energetic, community-minded senior who can contribute their voice to the development of the CARES program for preventing frailty. This innovative program puts together the best minds in seniors’ health care across Fraser Health, creating programs that promote seniors’ thriving at home and accessing services in the community.
Open to: Volunteers across the communities of Fraser Health
Lead Organization or DepartmentThe Community Actions and Resources Empowering Seniors (CARES) Project Team
- Patient volunteers will work alongside health care partners to develop and implement plans for a preventative primary care program that decreases frailty in seniors and promotes aging well.
- The patient volunteers will share their lived experience with CARES team members with the goal of informing the development of the program.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate (at a system-wide strategic leadership level) on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will look to you for advice in developing, implementing and evaluating national, provincial and regional policy and/or research to ensure the health care system is responsive to the patients’ experience as much as possible.
EligibilityThis invitation is being extended to volunteers in the Fraser Area who:
- Are over the age of 65
- Are someone who can speak to a lived experience;
- Are excited to share their story in front of healthcare providers and leaders; and
- Are willing to contribute their knowledge to a system-wide strategy.
- Vacancies: 1
- Meetings are once a month, typically at 1pm. Days of the week vary.
- Meeting are held at Fraser Health Corporate Office, Suite 400, Central City Tower 13450 – 102nd Avenue Surrey, BC
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health Travel policy (including mileage, parking up to $10/day, public transit).
BackgroundSee these documents for more information.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement|Fraser Valley