Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners from Northern Region
Northern Health are seeking patient partners to help co-design a one-page patient engagement resource focused on where to start and best practices. Do you have an interest in assisting to make this a clear, concise, user-friendly document? If yes, read on!
Open to: Patient partners from Northern Region
Lead Organization or DepartmentNorthern Health Quality Improvement and Innovation
AimThe purpose of developing this document together allows for all perspectives to be included: the patient partner and the health care partner and allows for collaboration and transparency. After 2-3 short meetings, it is expected that a one-page resource document will be developed to assist Northern Health in their Patient Engagement planning.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Open to patient partners from the Northern region
- Interest in strategic planning and ability to see the big picture
- Experience attending Patient Engagement opportunities
- Comfortable providing the patient perspective of key considerations/steps for healthcare providers in the engagement process
- Please note:
- This opportunity is not open to patient partners who are currently employed by Northern Health
- The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
- Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session and are interested in this opportunity, please contact Cathy Almost directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Number of vacancies: 2
- Date/Time: Meeting dates and times will be determined based on the availability of everyone involved
- There will be 2-3 meetings in total, each approximately 1 hour in length
- Location: Online via teleconference or webinar.
ReimbursementThere are no anticipated costs associated with this opportunity.
BackgroundNorthern Health wants to encourage leaders to engage with patient and family partners to inform the work that they do. The Guide to Patient Engagement includes extensive information regarding patient engagement and we are looking for a simplified resource to support NH staff to navigate the engagement process, such as:
- Determining the level of engagement as per the IAP2 Spectrum of Engagement
- Determining the length of patient partners’ participation that is required
- Key considerations when engaging patients (e.g., time/day of engagement, accessibility of meeting location, etc.)
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Region