Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley
The Effective And Seamlessly Integrated (EASI) Maternity Project is creating an online information hub to be a trusted and useful “one-stop shop” connecting individuals and families to healthy pregnancy, birth and early parenting information. Play an important role in helping to create a user-friendly and easy-to-navigate website! (Where else can you spend 10 hours in the next year and make such a big difference?)
Open to: Patient partners in the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley
Lead Organization or DepartmentVancouver Division of Family Practice
AimOur aim is to make the maternity care journey for pregnant people Effective And Seamlessly Integrated: why not make it EASI? For information that is most useful for pregnant people and their loved ones, we aim to partner with those who are going through or have recently gone through this journey to help make it even more EASI - your voice is key! Patient partners will help guide what information should be made available on the hub so that this becomes the place to go for anyone looking for pregnancy related information online.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- We are seeking patient partners who are planning a pregnancy, are currently pregnant or have delivered a baby/babies within the last 3 years and those who have supported people through pregnancy.
- Experience in sharing your thoughts/experiences with a small working group will be a benefit
- Vacancies: 5
- We are planning for 2-4 two hour meetings to be held over the next year, roughly every three months
- The meetings will be held in person at the Vancouver Division of Family Practice office near City Hall
- We hope to schedule the first meeting for mid/late August
ReimbursementExpenses for transportation to attend meetings will be reimbursed as follows:
- Parking up to $20/day
- Mileage up to 60km in each direction at the current rate of $.53/km.
- Single use transit
BackgroundOver the past two years, the EASI Maternity Project has reviewed data and needs assessments to better understand the needs of pregnant people throughout the pregnancy journey. The time has come for having a trusted one stop shop where quality information can be easily accessed Four groups are being organized to complete the EASI Maternity Care Project:
- Council for leadership and vision
- Clinical Consultation Group with OBs, Family Physicians and Midwives providing their expertise and
- Broader Consultation Group - where allied health and patient partners offer valuable experience
- Online Community - where patient partners can share their perspectives 24/7 from the comfort of your own home!
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Lower Mainland & Sunshine Coast