Connection method: Virtual
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across BC
OBJECTIVE: The BC Children’s Knowledge Centre is inviting family caregivers to partner in the creation and exchange of knowledge, with the goal of improving health outcomes for all children and youth in BC.
The guiding principles for selection of committee members include diverse representation culturally and geographically, and an acknowledgement that knowledge is multi-faceted. We want to hear and address family needs and priorities, and work together to create solutions.
The members will virtually meet monthly, with an attempt to meet annually in person (with paid expenses), and the occasional review of projects via email. There will be a $25/hr payment for recognition of time, skillset and contribution.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of Collaborate on the IAP2 Spectrum of Public Participation.
- Willing & comfortable to share health care experiences in a group setting
- Have access to technology and the internet to participate in the engagement opportunity
- Comfortable using technology to attend online/virtual meetings
- An interest in improving health care services
- The time to participate in the engagement opportunity
Patient Partners ARE NOT required to be PVN members to participate in this engagement opportunity.
Health Care Partner Contact InformationLinda Warner
Patient and Family Engagement Advisor, BC Children's Knowledge Centre | PHSA