Connection method: In-person
Open to Provincial Region
The BC Patient Safety & Quality Council is supporting 20 patient partners to attend Quality Forum 2023, one of the largest health quality conferences in Canada, which is taking place June 6–8, 2023 in Vancouver.
BC Patient Safety & Quality Council
The overall goals of Quality Forum 2023 are to:
• Ignite action and learning to improve quality of care;
• Create and strengthen connections and collaboration across all areas of care;
• Share effective strategies and leading practices to stimulate and sustain improvement; and
• Demonstrate how every voice matters to achieve high quality care.
By attending Quality Forum 2023, patient partners will not only have an opportunity to seek out new ideas and build capability related to improving quality, but also share their own knowledge, perspectives and experiences with other participants through networking and interactive breakout sessions.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
The aim of the selection process is to support a mixed group of patient partners from across the province to attend Quality Forum 2023. In addition to geographic balance, we are looking to support patient partners with varied experience when it comes to participation in Patient Voices Network and the Quality Forum.
We will select a group of 20 patient partners that represent the following:
• Patient partners from throughout BC
• Both new and existing PVN members with varying levels of activity in the Network
• Individuals who have attended Quality Forum in the past, as well as those that will be attending for the first time
• Participated in a Patient Voices Network orientation session and completed Patient Partner Commitments
There have been three opportunities for patient partners to participate in this year’s Quality Forum. We welcome RSVP’s from all patient partners, but preference will be given to individuals that have not already been selected for other engagements related to Quality Forum 2023.
If you have a strong interest in this opportunity but have not attended an orientation or completed the volunteer agreement, please contact Cassy Mitchell directly to see if accommodations can be made.
• Number of vacancies: 20
• Date and Time: June 6–8, 2023
• Location: In person, Vancouver, BC
The Council will provide complimentary registration to attend Quality Forum events, as well as coordinate travel and accommodation for patient partners selected to attended Quality Forum 2023. Any personal expenses incurred to attend the Quality Forum will be reimbursed in accordance with the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council Travel Expense Policy.
The Quality Forum is an annual event hosted by the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council that attracts more than 1,250 participants working across the continuum of care from communities through British Columbia. By bringing together patient partners, clinicians, policy and decision makers, senior executive team and board members, quality improvement leaders, researchers and students, we create an opportunity to share knowledge and advance new ideas to improve care across our province.
More information about the Quality Forum and past events can be found here.