Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners in the Northern region
Are you looking for a fun and engaging way to facilitate engagement? Do you want to surface the best ideas for the problems you’re facing today? If you answered yes to these questions, then this Liberating Structures workshop is for you!
Open to: Patient partners in the Northern region
Lead Organization or DepartmentLeading & Capability Development, BC Patient Safety & Quality Council (BCPSQC)
AimThe workshop consists of a series of seriously fun and engaging facilitation techniques that can be used in meetings, training sessions, presentations, etc. They allow teams to move past tricky problems or long-standing issues by inviting everyone to think creatively and focus on opportunities for innovation. Participants in this workshop will largely be health authority employees or staff from similar health organizations. Our hope in sponsoring patient partners to attend the workshop is to expand perspectives represented and shared at the event. Additionally, through attending the workshop patient partners will further develop their own skills and knowledge in the areas of group facilitation, strengthening their abilities to participate in future engagement opportunities. By the end of this workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Identify new strategies to enhance team engagement
- Apply creative techniques to help teams generate ideas and solve complex problems
- Create opportunities to empower teams, facilitate change and inspire innovation
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of inform on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that you will be provided with balanced and objective information to assist in understanding alternatives and solutions.
- Open to patient partners in the Northern region
- Preference will be given to patient partners who have not attended another BCPSQC learning opportunity (such as Quality Forum or one of our other workshops) or are registered for an upcoming conference
- Patient should be comfortable interacting and speaking in large groups of people
- Successful candidates should be willing to share their experience and learnings with other patient partners
- Please note:
- Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Cathy Almost directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: 2
- Date/time: November 20, 2019 8:30am - 4:00pm
- Location: Ramada Plaza, Prince George (444 George Street)
- Commitment: One time
ReimbursementThe BCPSQC will cover pre-approved travel expenses for patient partners from the Northern region to attend the workshop.
BackgroundThe BCPSQC Learning & Strategic Initiatives Team works to build capability and capacity for improvement through a variety of avenues: Quality Academy, Board & Executive Learning Series, Quality Forum, online learning opportunities like Quality Café that are open to anyone and free to join as well as in-person workshops, such as this upcoming Engage to Improve - Creative Solutions for Working Better Together session. Quality improvement requires knowledgeable and skilled people at all levels of BC’s health system. Change is more likely to be sustained if the people leading it are properly equipped to do so. Therefore, the BCPSQC has committed to ensure that the members of the Patient Voices Network are included in learning opportunities to ensure that they feel comfortable and informed when working on quality improvement initiatives throughout the system.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Project Coordinator, Patient & Public Engagement