Posted • Last updated
Open to Vancouver Island Region, Patient partners on Vancouver Island
Are you looking for fun and engaging ways to facilitate engagement? Do you want to surface the best ideas for the problems you’re facing today? If you answered yes to these questions, then this workshop on Liberating Structures is for you!
Open to: Patient partners on Vancouver Island
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Patient Safety & Quality Council (BCPSQC)
AimThe workshop consists of a series of seriously fun and engaging facilitation techniques that can be used in meetings, training sessions, presentations, etc. They allow teams to move past tricky problems or long-standing issues by inviting everyone to think creatively and focus on opportunities for innovation. This workshop is offered through BCPSQC’s Learning & Strategic Initiatives team and is primarily promoted to anyone working within health care. Session participants will largely be employees of a health authority or similar health organizations. By the end of this workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Use seven tools to facilitate change and improvement in complex environments
- Use liberating structures to engage your team in solving challenging problems
- Identify opportunities where these tools/structures could be utilized in your own community or work setting
- Co-create a “learn by doing” atmosphere
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of inform on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that you will be provided with balanced and objective information to assist in understanding alternatives and solutions.
- Preference will be given to patient partners who have not attended another BCPSQC Workshop (e.g. Understanding Experience and Co-Designing Solutions, or Productive Leader mini course)
- Patients should be comfortable interacting and speaking in large groups of people
- Successful candidates should be willing to share their experience and learnings with other patient partners
- Patients should have previously attended a PVN orientation session
- If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and volunteer agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact the engagement leader directly
- Vacancies: 2
- April 19, 9:00-4:00
- Venue: Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, 100 Harbour Road, Victoria, BC V9A 0G1
- Victoria, BC
ReimbursementThe BCPSQC will cover travel expenses for patient partners from Vancouver Island to attend the workshop.
BackgroundThe BCPSQC Learning & Strategic Initiatives team works to build capability and capacity for improvement through a variety of avenues: Quality Academy, Board & Executive Learning Series, Quality Forum, online learning opportunities like the #QualityChat and Quality Café that are open to anyone and free to join as well as in-person workshops – such as this upcoming Engage to Improve- Creative Solutions for Working Better Together session. Quality improvement requires knowledgeable and skilled people at all levels of BC’s health system. Change is more likely to be sustained if the people leading it are properly equipped to do so. Therefore, the BCPSQC has committed to ensure that the members of the Patient Voices Network are included in learning opportunities to ensure that they feel comfortable and informed when working on quality improvement initatives throughout the system.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Provincial