Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across BC
Are you interested in improving the patient experience? Would you like to listen and learn from health care professionals and patients from around the world? If yes, then the Beryl Institute Patient Experience Conference may be for you!
Open to: Patient partners across BC
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Patient Safety & Quality Council’s Patient and Public Engagement Team
AimThe Patient Experience Conference aims to bring together people who are passionate about improving the patient experience. The conference will provide a venue for interested people to learn from many different speakers in the field of health care and patient advocacy to understand some of the largest lessons in patient experience. Our hope in sponsoring patient partners to attend the conference is to expand the perspectives represented and shared at the event. To this end, patient volunteers are encouraged to participate in discussions - seeking out new ideas and sharing their own knowledge, perspectives and experiences as relevant - and use their voice for improvement. Secondly, through attending the seminars, patient partners will further develop their own skills and knowledge in the areas of public participation strengthening their abilities to participate in future engagement opportunities.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of inform on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that you will be provided with balanced and objective information to assist in understanding alternatives and solutions.
EligibilityOpen to current patient partners from across BC, representing a diverse range of regions and communities.
- Preference will be given to patient partners who have not received a sponsorship from the BCPSQC to attend another learning opportunity (such as the Quality Forum or one of our workshops) or another conference.
- Patient partners should be comfortable speaking with a diverse range of health care providers, leaders, and other stakeholders
- Successful candidates should be willing to share their experience and learnings with other patient partners
- You must have a passport (and any other required documents) and be comfortable with traveling outside of Canada
- Patients should have previously attended a PVN orientation session. If you have not attended an orientation but are interested please contact Teresa (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly to see if accommodations may be possible
- Vacancies: 2
- Date/Time: April 16-18. Participants should be available April 15, as you may need to travel the day before (depending on schedules)
- Location: Hyatt Regency, Chicago, Illinois
- Barring extenuating circumstances, it is expected that participants attend all three days of the conference
- Successful candidates will be asked to share their experience and learnings with other PVN members upon returning
- Registration and all travel costs incurred to attend these events will be covered or reimbursed in accordance with the provincial Travel Policy guidelines.
- As much as possible, we will pre-pay travel expenses directly (e.g., booking flights and accommodation). For those expenses we cannot pay in advance (e.g., transit tickets, meals), we are able to provide expedited payment within a couple of weeks via cheque mailed to the address provided once an expense reimbursement form is received to our Vancouver office.
- If required, assistance may be provided upon request to ensure hotel deposits and incidental expenses are looked after in advance to reduce or eliminate the need for post-event reimbursement. If you believe this applies to you, please contact Teresa Bissenden (email@example.com) to discuss this in more detail.
BackgroundThe Beryl Institute is a global community of practice dedicated to improving the patient experience through collaboration and shared knowledge. The institute works to change healthcare by advancing an unwavering commitment to the human experience. The Patient Experience Conference is an opportunity to attend breakout sessions, workshops and more while learning from and listening to the many exciting speakers and presenters from around the world. Learnings from the conference will further enhance patient partners’ knowledge and skills for future engagement opportunities. For more information on the Beryl Institute please visit their website http://www.theberylinstitute.org. In addition to enjoying inspiring keynotes and networking with other patient experience leaders, participants have the opportunity to customize their learning experience by selecting from breakout sessions focused on different areas of patient experience improvement:
- Take away proven practices from numerous healthcare settings that you can apply in your own facilities
- Make lasting connections with peers dedicated to improving the patient experience and build a support network as you tackle this critical issue
- Take an important step in ensuring that patient experience is not only part of your quality and service agenda, but also is a key business strategy for your organization
- Discover new ways to exemplify patient experience excellence
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Lead, Provincial | Patient & Public Engagement
W 604.668.8253 | C 604.307.1342