Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners from Fraser Health communities
In today’s world, people use technology each day for banking and other critical lifestyle supports. Fraser Health is focused on how to effectively use technology that supports excellent complex health care services and is seeking two patient advisors to join their MEDITECH Governance Committee.
Open to: Patient partners from Fraser Health communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentFraser Health
AimThe aim of this project is to enhance MEDITECH at Fraser Health facilities and improve patient care through capturing, delivering and accessing health information, using the same system across the region. Patient partners will provide valuable feedback to ensure that MEDITECH advancements are reflective of the care needs of patients.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Is able to travel to Central City, Surrey for meetings.
- Have interest and knowledge in health care technology and information sharing and innovative technological solutions
- Can participate in complex health care environment (systems level perspective)
LogisticsVacancies: 2 Date, Time, Location: Monthly, in-person meetings; approximately 2-4 hours in length, with meetings notes and other ad-hoc emails possible during your term. Dates may vary based upon team members availability and other priorities. This will take place in Central City, Surrey Commitment: One year, with the opportunity to renew for two years
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health Travel policy (including mileage, parking, tolls and/or public transit).
BackgroundMEDITECH offers applications to assist physicians and other providers throughout Fraser Health (FH) in their delivery of care to their patient populations. These applications are electronic based tools that afford easy access to vital patient health care information, support real time patient tracking, and strategically enhance work flow through work load management features such as:
- Enterprise Medical Record (EMR)
- MEDITECH® Enterprise Medical Records (EMR) provides clinicians with a structured, point and click central viewer to access patient health care information. The EMR viewer can display information collected from any number of patient encounters within the Fraser Health Authority including information gathered from visits to acute care facilities, long term care facilities and community-based services. The information collected with each patient encounter to a Meditech supported FHA site will remain in EMR indefinitely, making it a valuable database for continuance of patient care supporting “Best Practice” strategies.
- Provider Workload Manager (PWM):
- Provider Workload Manager (PWM) is designed for provider use as a single point of entry to manage their patient populations. PWM offers self-management of inpatient/outpatient rounding lists through the ability to easily register onto a patient record and a way to incorporate other providers/provider group’s patient list(s) during coverage. It also supports a way to keep physicians abreast of patient status, inclusive of a display of relevant patient notifications and a link to directly launch EMR.
- Emergency Department Module (EDM):
- Emergency Department Management (EDM) is a MEDITECH module that will help organize and display patient information electronically. It is an electronic whiteboard system that will supply real-time information concerning the location of patients, the number of patients and their length of stay. In addition, color codes and event names are graphically displayed on the trackers. Therefore, it is a very effective tool in providing an overview of the department occupancy.
- Patient Care System (PCS):
- The Patient Care System (PCS) is a MEDITECH module which allows care providers to record patient documentation electronically. The status board is the focal point of PCS. Users can review information from other modules and enter documentation to generate problems lists, care plans, interventions and goals.
- Order Entry (OE):
- Order Entry (OE) is a MEDITECH module used to electronically process physician orders, allowing for accurate entry of orders along with immediate access to patient information, tracking of orders, test results and referrals. It also provides easy-to-use Patient Data functionality to maintain an up-to-date database on patient's care. Order Entry is used across the region at all acute care facilities within the Fraser Health Authority.
- Imaging and Therapeutic Services (ITS):
- Imaging and Therapeutic Services (ITS) for Allied Health is a module within MEDITECH® that provides clinicians with the ability to electronically document patient assessments and progress reports. Once signed, the documents will appear in the MEDITECH® Enterprise Medical Record (EMR) allowing all clinicians caring for the patient to access the documentation at any Fraser Health site. The ITS module also provides the ability for allied health groups, nursing programs and services to receive, process and track referrals to their program electronically.
- Operating Room Management (ORM):
- Meditech's Operating Room Management (ORM) application provides functionality to track details of patient operating episodes. ORM has routines for scheduling operating rooms, equipment, and resources; printing daily operating lists and statistical reports; generating pick lists for inventory collection; maintaining surgeon preference cards with costing information; conflict check by patient, surgeon or resource; manage physician privileges for surgical procedures and schedule all needs at one time.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley