Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region
This is a free virtual learning opportunity! Attend a webinar about the Development of a Smartphone Type 2 Diabetes Self-Management App in the South Asian Community.
April 21, 2022 (13:00 – 14:00 PT)
South Asian people are three times more likely to develop type 2 diabetes than the average Canadian. Connecting South Asians to culturally-relevant and translated resources is crucial to reducing this prevalence. Spreading diabetes awareness and support in the South Asian community was mainly done in-person but was impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To address this roadblock in promoting diabetes awareness and support in this community, Self-Management BC developed AyogoT2D – a type 2 diabetes self-management app for the South Asian community to allow better access to diabetes care and resources at their fingertips.
• Review the rationale for developing a Punjabi Type 2 Diabetes Self-Management App
• Describe steps in the development process
• View a brief demonstration of App use
• Describe promotional activities used to disseminate the App
• Summarize the lessons learned in this project
• Provide opportunities for app use and dissemination