Posted • Last updated
Open to Patient partners across Canada
Interior Health is considering a pilot project to offer free, on-line diabetes classes for adults who have Type 2 diabetes. We are looking for people to complete a short survey to tell us if they would be interested in this type of education.
The aim of this pilot project is to develop and trial a free, on-line diabetes class for people diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
– The class would be led by a diabetes expert.
– To join an online diabetes class, a person would dial a toll-free phone number and click on an internet link from their home computer or smart phone.
The goals for this pilot project are to:
1. Improve client access to diabetes education
2. Maintain or improve the client and clinician’s experience with Type 2 diabetes education
3. Reduced travel time and travel costs for patients
4. Enhanced time efficiency for clinicians
Patient partners are asked to share their opinions and preferences for diabetes education in a short online survey.