Posted • Last updated
Open to Patient partners across Canada
Patients, patient representatives and caregivers are invited by Health Technology Assessment international (HTAi) to attend the HTAi 2022 Annual Meeting virtually or in-person June 25-29, 2022, in Utrecht, Netherlands.
Participants can expect to meet fellow patients involved in Health Technology Assessments (HTA) and experts in the field of HTA, and to learn about the latest developments in HTA methods and experiences.
Not sure? Please follow the links below to learn more about:
- What is Health Technology Assessment (HTA)? (created by a patient who attended last year’s conference!)
- Who is HTAi? (this is the lead organization that is inviting, coordinating and supporting participation in this event)
- What is the HTAi Annual Meeting? (find out more about this year’s event)
If you are a patient, patient representative and/or caregiver, the organizers welcome your involvement and financial support may be available. Apply for financial support through our PASS program! Applications are due March 14, 2022.
About the HTAi PASS Program
HTAi’s Patient and Citizen Involvement in HTA Interest Group (PCIG) has established the PASS program to provide financial and moral support to patients and their representatives (including representatives from patient organizations and HTA committees) to attend the HTAi Annual Meeting. PASS grant recipients can expect financial support for travel to/from the meeting, along with lodging and registration costs. In addition, PASS grant recipients will be joined and supported by patients, HTAi volunteers and staff to ensure an enjoyable and valuable experience.
Repeat grant recipients welcome!
PCIG recognises that patient participation at the HTAi Annual Meeting has an important role in capacity building and we value ongoing contributions and attendance. Therefore, past grant recipients are encouraged to apply and applicants should note that receiving a grant this year WILL NOT RULE YOU OUT next year.
- 14 March 2022 – PCIG PASS 2022 application deadline
- 21 March 2022 – Successful applicants notified by email
- 23 March 2022 – Deadline for applicant acceptance of award
- 24 March 2022 – Unsuccessful applicants notified by email
- 24 March 2022 – Early-bird registration deadline
- June – Briefing call for successful applicants
- 25-29 June 2022 – HTAi Annual Meeting
- Post conference – PCIG will follow up with PCIG PASS recipients to learn about their experience and make further improvements for 2023
Patient, carergiver and patient organization representatives will be selected to receive travel grants from the PCIG PASS by a subcommittee of the PCIG Steering Committee consisting of the Chair, Vice Chair and a patient representative. The funds will be administered by the HTAi Secretariat. PCIG is grateful to Edwards Lifesciences, Janssen and Novartis for their sponsorship of these grants and commitment to patient participation in HTAi’s Annual Meeting.