- This event has passed.
Patient Advisor Training: Now and Next
August 25, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Designed by patient/family champions for champions and providers this interactive webinar is offered by Patients for Patient Safety Canada. The term patient safety champion includes any individual that volunteers as a patient/family representative in programs, groups, networks and/or organizations working to improve quality and safety in health care at any system level. The session is designed to allow for conversation among participants, so be prepared to contribute to the dialogue verbally or via chat.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the end of the 90 minute session patient/ family/ advisors/ champions as well as health providers/ leaders/ authorities will leave with at least one practical idea to apply to patient advisor training as a result of their increased understanding of:
- Current training programs and models in use across Canada
- Training needs of patient advisors at different system levels
- Gaps in training needs and ideas on how to fill them
- Available supporting resources and leading practices
Date and time:
August 25, 2016; 10-11:30am MT/ 12-1:30pm ET (click here for other time zones)
Speakers and moderator:
- British Columbia: Patient Voices Network
- Alberta: Alberta Health Services
- Saskatchewan: Quality Council
- Manitoba: Winnipeg Health Authority
- Ontario: Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre
- Quebec: University of Montreal
- Atlantic Canada: Horizon Health
Bernie Weinstein (Montreal, QC); Patient Champion, Patients for Patient Safety Canada; Patient Advisor Jewish General Hospital