- This event has passed.
Health Research is a Two-Way Street: Putting Citizen Scientists in the Driver’s Seat
May 23 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The future of health research depends on the public voice. This session will focus on exchanging knowledge on patient and community engagement in health research. We will explore why it matters, as well as how to find the right opportunity for you and how to maximize your impact.
- Stirling Bryan, Scientific Director, BC SUPPORT Unit – “Why Health Research Wants YOU to Get Involved”
- Ashley Clark, Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement, BC Patient Safety & Quality Council, and Lisa Ridgway, Patient Partner, Patient Voices Network – “Finding The Right Opportunity & Maximizing Impact”; and
- Hannah Roy, Patient Partner – “Partnering on C. difficile Research & Digital Storytelling”
- Registration (in person only): 1 – 1:30 pm
- Presentations and Discussion: 1:30 – 3 pm
- Information Booth Session (in person only; optional): 3 – 4 pm